Written on the Wind

Written on the Wind, a 1956 piece directed by Douglas Sirk I found to be a bit mellow dramatic. Since the the lead rolls, Marylee and Kyle Hadley seem too out of touch with reality. Though wealth has a way of spoiling the mind when not fully appreciated of moderately given, the sibling seem oblivious to how the world revolves. They are portrayed as spoiled children who do not intend to give an inch of ground until they get what they want.

Kyle Hadley after marrying Lucy seems to change his life around until he realizes he is unable in impregnate his wife due to his own reproductive fault. Now Lucy falls in love with Mitch who is Kyle’s childhood friend and also works under his father at the oil refinery. Though this film was greatly directed i felt as if the storyline is so mainstream and predictable. Perhaps its because in modern times we see these different complexities in the upper class and through that anything of a similar context will be dismissed by the mind as a simple predictive problem. Then again maybe its my personal outlook on the world and how people should behave. What especially presented itself as a nuisance is when Marylee attempted to frame Mitch for Kyles death. To press something of such a gravity on someone else, I saw as a major turn off to continue watching the film. As I continued to watch the film I became increasingly agitated by the fact that Marylee admitted to the mistaken killing of her brother instead of sticking with framing Mitch. Just the sight of the crying pathetic look on her face sent the attention switch to my brain off.

Again I’ll say this movie was directed masterfully, what I failed to appreciate was because of my own view of people and the world. Though this was a movie, I still cannot help but become outraged at the characters in it as if they were real people.

5 Responses to “Written on the Wind”

1. Natalia D. Says:

I found your last comment: ” Though this was a movie, I still cannot help but become outraged at the characters in it as if they were real people.”

to be really really interesting. I noticed that happens a lot with me as well. A good example of this for me is with Dolores Umbridge (played by the amazing Imelda Staunton) in the Harry Potter films. I can’t watch her on screen without feeling upset. I guess this is a mark of tremendous success for both the actor/actress and the filmmakers who were so successful in creating a character that causes such a reaction in the viewer.

Great job with your posts.

2. Donna Kidney Says:

You are so awesome! I do not believe I’ve read through a single thing like that before. So good to find another person with original thoughts on this subject matter. Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This web site is something that is needed on the internet, someone with a little originality!

3. Justin Says:

This article is very interesting but it took me a
    long time to find it in google. I found it on 18 spot, you should focus on quality backlinks building,
    it will help you to rank to google top 10. And i know how to help
    you, just search in google – k2 seo tips and tricks

4. Terrance Says:

I read a lot of interesting posts here. Probably you
    spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of
    time, there is an online tool that creates readable, google friendly articles in seconds, just
    type in google – laranitas free content source

5. Lucy Says:

I read a lot of interesting articles here. Probably you
    spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save
    you a lot of time, there is an online tool that creates readable, SEO friendly articles in seconds,
    just search in google – laranitas free content